KD300 fine for beach barbeque

KUWAIT: It appears that the Kuwait Municipality is serious about its plans to stop barbeque picnics at Kuwait’s beaches, so as to increase the fine value to KD300.

This was confirmed by Tariq Al-Qattan, the Kuwait City emergency team leader at the municipality, who said that General Director Ahmad Al-Subaih released an order recently containing the new fine. Al-Qattan spoke to reporters during a campaign carried out on Friday at Kuwait City beaches and adjacent parks. He added that emergency team members issued 215 tickets in weekly campaigns during the past three weeks.

Meanwhile, Hawally emergency team leader Riyadh Al-Rabie’ie announced that they issued 28 tickets in two weeks, crediting the weekly campaigns for ‘gradually dropping’ the number of barbeque picnics compared to last year.

Emergency teams issued over 400 tickets around Kuwait in 2013, Al-Rabie’ie said. He added that the Touristic Enterprises Company pays around KD30,000 annually to restore beaches.

The post KD300 fine for beach barbeque appeared first on Kuwait Times.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *